Wednesday, April 16, 2014

And Then I Discovered Pavo!

My first woven wrap as I have told you was Kokadi Erna Im Wunderland.  When I purchased it, I thought I’ll only buy one or two of these wraps.  Who needs more than a couple baby wraps?  Oh what a silly question that seems like now!  Over the first couple months of babywearing, I realized that I would like to have a shorter wrap to experiment with as well, so I bought a size 4.  I also found a couple more size 6 (my base size) wraps that I liked.  I had a beautiful little stash of five wraps and I thought I was completely satisfied and could stay away from the babywearing swaps and temptation to buy more, but then…then I discovered Pavo!  J

One Saturday in November, I went to a babywearing workshop hosted by a babywearing group in a neighboring city.  These ladies were so sweet and a wealth of knowledge about woven wraps and carries.  During the class, I did my first back carry.  It was a ruck, tied in front in a beautiful wrap that I had never seen before.  It was a rusty orange color.  Coincidentally, orange seems to be Zoey’s favorite color.  I think this is because her pacifiers are orange, but she gravitates to the orange toys first.  If you give her a stack of blocks, she wants the orange ones!  I didn't think too much about the wrap that evening until my husband showed me some pictures he had taken at the workshop.  I really liked the way the wrap looked on us and I had loved the wrapping qualities of it during the workshop.  So I decided to message one of the girls who helped us learn the carry at the workshop to find out what brand the wrap was.  She said it was Pavo Clementine Stripes.  I had heard of Pavo before, but had heard that the wraps sold out very quickly and were re-sold for double or triple retail.  So I had never bothered to even really check out Pavo.  I am not sure if those facts were ever true.  This is not the case for most of their wraps now.  The selling out in minutes (or seconds) is true, but with the exceptions of certain very highly sought after wraps like Klee and Sparkleberry, the resell prices are not double or triple retail.  I spent a few weeks searching for Clementine Stripes and ended up finding one for right around retail.  During my search for Clementine, I discovered a group called The Pavo Society on facebook.  Through this group I discovered the wrap that I fell in love with and that is still my favorite machine woven wrap, Penumbra.  Penumbra comes in three colorways.  I now have Syzygy (black and fuschia) and Shadow (black and silvery/white).  I am not sure which colorway I like best.  I would hate to part with either one!  My love affair of Pavos, quickly doubled my wrap stash.

Pavo Etini Coal, Pavo Penumbra Shadow, Pavo Penumbra Syzygy
 

Penumbra was one of those highly sought after wraps that I have mentioned.  It was going for considerably more than retail when I first started searching for it.  I tried to be patient, as I didn’t want to pay a lot and then have the value drop shortly after I purchased in case it wasn’t love when I received it.  I put out in search ofs on the facebook groups and checked out the prices on every one posted, which was not a lot.  It seemed no one wanted to part with these gorgeous wraps!  I finally caved and went a little above my original target budget to get Syzygy.  I wasn’t disappointed.  It was instant wrap love!  A few weeks after that, a girl who I had chatted with from the Pavo Society group saw a Shadow listed at a great price (only a little above retail – which really is a steal for this wrap).  She messaged me to tell me about it.  I knew I really shouldn’t buy another Penumbra less than a month after I bought my first one, but the price was so good and Syzygy was love.  So I rationalized that it could be a Christmas present to myself and I bought it.  Thus, began my love and stalking of Pavo wraps.  I now have lots of Pavos and they are by far my favorite brand.  They are not only beautiful works of art, they have amazing wrapping qualities.  I fell for the beauty, I've stayed loyal for the qualities. 

Our first back wrap







 And our first Pavo that came to live with us.






Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home