Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Getting Back to Running: Color Me Rad 5K

This is off topic from my usual babywearing posts, but I wanted to share a quick update about the awesome 5K I ran this weekend.  It’s called the Color Me Rad 5K.  This is a very fun, low-key, non-timed event where you run 3.1 miles going through 5 color stations.  We were coated at yellow, pink, orange, blue and purple color stations.  The color is made of corn starch and food coloring, so it is completely safe if it happens to get in your mouth.  Although, I can say from experience that it is not the best tasting stuff around!

As you know, I had a baby in July 2013.  I am close to my pre-pregnancy weight, but still trying to work off those last 5 lbs or so that just don’t want to go away.  Before I had Zoey, I considered myself a runner.  I just haven’t found the time or motivation to do a lot of running since I had her, but this race was finally my motivation.  It looked like a lot of fun and was very close to my office so over the course of several weeks I started talking up the run and eventually convinced 5 of my lovely co-workers to do the run with me.  Some ran, some run/walked and some walked, but all had a great time.  I didn't run it fast, but I got back into doing training runs and I remembered just how much I love running.  I love to share running with others because it is such great exercise and I love the sense of accomplishment I get after completing a race.  I feel so proud of myself for setting a goal and accomplishing it.  I love being able to share that feeling with others!  Here’s to hoping the Color Me Rad 5K will be my push to get back into running on a regular basis.

Here are a few pictures of me and my friends at the race.


Celebrating finishing the race!

The Before Shot!

And the After Shot!



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home